Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A big decision

I went and saw the local gym today to see about membership. The good news is that they do monthly direct deposit. So its not so hard on the finances but it is 30km away ( oh the joys of living in the country) . So if I do join and to get the maximum benefit of going 2-3 times a week would it financially viable to drive 60km round trip to go to the gym...Especially with the fuel being the price it is, and no relief in sight.

Decisions, decisions???

Other than this, things have been good.

I have been drinking my 2L water each day and I admit that I feel so much better for it. Why haven't I been doing this all along?
I have also been tracking, so I am half way to completing my mini goals....Only another kilo to loose in September.

Thank you to everyone who helped with my blog, still haven't figured out how to add my photo to my profile....It doesn't really matter

have a great night....I am :)

You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it, however. - Richard Bach

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow that is a tough one. With the fuel prices it does make it an expensive trip. Is there someway you can put the money towards some gym equipment you can use everday? Like hiring a treadmill, or getting some weight. Though I do know that going to a gym is more than just the exercise.

Decisions, decisions.

Either way, have a great day tomorrow :)

Suzy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suzy said...

To add your photo to your profile I find it easiest to create a post, upload your photo into that post, copy the .jpg address of your photo and then go into blogger dashboard, edit profile and paste the .jpg details (it will look something like this on your post - http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4093/1116/320/Picture%2004.jpg) into photo url address line. Then delete the post if you don't want to have the photo as a post as well. Does this make any sense at all? Hope

Kate said...

That is a tricky decision. I would love to go to the gym, to get the benefit of different machines, classes, etc - but walking is free... so that's what I do, for now!

Kathryn said...

It is hard. Petrol prices are really starting to effect the decisions we make, aren't they?

Mary said...

Hi Elisa! Thanks for visiting my blog :-) I agree with M, can you buy some gym equipment instead? I have never gone to the gym. I just walked for most of my weight loss (1hr/day for 5 days of week) and only just recently bought an exercise bike and weights. I LOVE the exercise bike. It cost me $350 but I can use it all the time and it's a one of cost.

Kate's right too. WALKING IS FREE :-) and it does work. It helped me lose the bulk of my weight. Just make sure to invest in a decent pair of walking shoes. I hope this helps!?

Leighanne said...

I have the same problem - 1/2 hour drive away fro a gym, I live in a country area too! I brought a mini tramp and I have a airwalker for when the weather is crappy and i can't go out for a walk!

jak said...

Oh, I love the new look!

It really is a tough decision on the gym, I totally understand. For me I need to go to the gym. I have stuff here I can use and I don't. And it's stuff in my living room where I see it every day. I really need to go to the gym in order to make myself exercise.

But then, not everyone has that problem. If you can commit yourself to it, then maybe you're better off investing in some gym equipment. Suzy swears by a mini tramp, maybe add a fit ball in there and some weights - and you can always walk for cardio, which is free! A couple of dvd's for variety/rainy days and you're set! It's all about what will work for you - both mentally and cost wise.