Sunday, June 01, 2008

Murphy strikes the Taylors

Well the nice rolling thunder turned into crashes that shook the foundations of our house and at 11ish Matthew woke screaming....says she who wrote yesterday that he sleeps through them.

This would have been fine except that Joel had a tummy ache and was a miserable little git....

i put Matthew back to bed, got Joel back dozing and started to close my eyes only to have another big crack hit....the now terrified 3 year old was screaming, down the hall came Talia and Eloise running. I sent them back to bed and sat with Matthew, Joel was grizzling but not screaming the house down yet...

Joel started to arc up and Matthew didn't want me to leave...so I did what any capable mother would do and woke the 10 year old to sleep with the still frightened 3 year old. Poor Talia, all she wanted was a good night sleep as she had a late one the night before.

Ok so I had Matthew now calm and starting to drift off to sleep and now to settle Joel. Ah Murphy you mean man...

well I think Darian took him at 2am for an hour....I think I got about 45 min sleep before being handed back a still grumpy baby....

I eventually got him sleep, not just dozing in my arms at about 5am only to be woken for a feed at 6am....poor little man was so tired that he fed and went straight to sleep...ahhhh I get to lay down only to hear the kids start to bicker.....tired kids and a thundery morning....time to get up.

Ahh the joys of motherhood...here's hoping for a better night tonight

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH NO! Hope you have a much better day/night today/night!!
Jen H