Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bad, Bad Mummy......

Not only did I miss Joel rolling over for the first time but I let Talia take the day off school for no REAL reason....

Well there is a reason, she had her 6 week orthodontic appoint late this morning. Now normally I would pull her out of school for the appoint and then she would go back straight after. However this week (and next) the school is having swimming lessons and of course Talia's class go when he appoint is, so as no one could tell me when the class would leave and come back, it was just easier to keep her home for the morning....

So I have been giving Joel is reflux meds and waiting to see if it works, fingers crossed. So being optimistic I put Joel on his tummy on the floor for some tummy time. Now normally he would scream the whole time.....not this time. I was in my room making the bed when Talia came in saying that Joel had rolled over!!!!!!......yeah right so I put him back on his tummy much to his disgust and over he went again!....clever little man.

So off to the Orthodontist we go, and the news is good. She has been doing so well with wearing her plate that she only needs to wear it at night now. The tooth has been pushed back as far as it can (for now) and we will have to wait a few years for Braces.....which i was hoping we wouldn't have to do...we will see how her mouth looks when a few more teeth grow. So she will be wearing the plate nightly for the next 3 months and then its back for another check up....
I need to take another photo to show how much of a difference the plate has made.

So then it was time for Matthews speech appoint, so being a slack mum I took Talia with me instead of taking her back to school....which her class still had not returned back from swimming.
The therapist is pleased with amount that Matthew is speaking now...before he wouldn't say a word to her. This week we are to work on the word "put" and emphasise the "t" at the end as he tends to drop it....

So after speech it was only half hour until school finished (wed is early finish) and there was no point her going back so she stayed with me.....I think she really enjoyed spending the time with me.

No comments: