Monday, June 16, 2008

Looking Back.....

I am feeling a little nostalgic today. Due to the new computer and loosing ALL of our bookmarks which include all of the blogs that I regularly read. I have been going back through my blog trying to find them again.

(so if you read this please pop in and post a comment so I can add you back to my bookmarks)

So anyway as I have been going back through my blog which has been going for 3 years I have been having a trip down memory lane.

My life has changed so much in that time, it truly has been a journey inside and out. I first started this blog as a weight loss blog but it has ended up more of a time capsule come public diary. I read back on some of the older posts and hardly recognise that person. I guess this is a good thing as I guess everyone hopes to grow as a person.

So the weight has crept back on, not as much as I thought (big sigh of relief here) and I am lighter now than I was back in 2005. I can't do much about that now as the doctor has not cleared me for exercise yet. But the plan is to get back down to a size 12, so need to loose about 10kg or so....

I moved to Perth and relatively happy about where I live, I love Perth and the house is OK. Not ours, just a rental but hey we have a roof over our heads and come November when we WILL be moving we will find something better suited to our needs and growing family.

I am no longer alone or lonely. I came across this post and since then found a wonderful man, married him and we have added to the family. I never thought it would happen but it did.

Oh and I got to go and will go again to South Africa

So I can honestly say that I am happy and look forward to the next 3 years and what they will bring.

Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.
Doug Firebaugh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh Elisa, I hadnt read your blog for a few days and so much has happened! Hugs re everything! Hope the hair tuft is just hereditary and they dont find anything else. Don't worry about what other people think about Talia having a day off now and then. I bet she gained more from having some special time with you (even if it was sharing it with Matthew and Joel) than being at school for a few hours. Cool re him rolling over! Excellent re Talia's plate too. This blogging thing is sure cool for looking back isnt it - I have only been doing it about 18months but I loved re-reading the first 12 months when I got it made into a blogbook. BTW You have an excuse (AKA Joel) for putting the pounds back on!!
Take Care
Jen H