Friday, August 31, 2007

Welcome home to Australia

Our plane arrived half hour early, and gee it was good to be back on Aussie soil.

We went on to passport control where again Darian and I were separated and I got to the front of the line first. The guy behind the desk asked if I was traveling alone and I said no I was with my husband but he is in the other line as he is South African. The guy said call him over, his your family. So I called Darian out from the middle of the line and we went through passport control quick.

We then went to baggage claim to collect our bags before going through customs. My bag come through quick and going past us were bags with 30kg weight stickers on, what the????
So we waited for Darians suitcase...and waited and waited. it was a no show.

We went to baggage claim and made a report. They said it would probably be on the next flight and they would courier it out to us when it turned up... So Darian had no clothes...

So onto customs, at least with the bag being lost and all the customs line was short. We only had a few things to declare and Darian went off with the suitcase to be xrayed. We were then asked to open the suitcase ( lucky us) and when the lady opened it she was surprised to see it empty...the lid even sagged. we explained the whole story and even she was amazed...so everything was OK and we cleared customs.

Out we go into the airport and waited for mum and Mattew....

Yes I cried when I saw him

We went home and Darian had to go pick up Megan.

1 comment:

Jodii said...

Wow Elisa you have some travel stories. Have loved reading and seeing the photos of your wedding. I am so jealous of all the wild animals you have seen as that is one of my dream holidays. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations to you and Darian on you nuptials