Saturday, August 11, 2007

Wedding Day...




Well the day has arrived and I woke up a bit nervous. Sharon was meant to come pick me up at 11.00 to go to her house to get my hair and make up done, however 11.00 came and went with no sign of Sharon. I knew we had to leave her house by 1.30 to get to the church on time at 2pm...and I dint want to be late.
She finally arrived at 12 and we headed off.

I only had an hour for the lady to do my hair and make up, so she decided on a simple French roll (our original design had curls coming out of it) and then she quickly did my make up. I wanted a natural look however they do things differently over there and she had no idea what I was talking about. I left it to her capable hands and even though my make up was heavier than I would have like it was OK...

My dress was tight, we went and saw a dressmaker a few days earlier but much to our dismay when I had it altered they had cut the extra seam away (who does that to a wedding dress???) and there was no time to do anything else. I just had to wear a slightly too tight dress...

Sharon had organised a white BMW to be my wedding car and her partner Garth was to be my driver.

As we were taking some photos of me getting in the car I managed to get tyre black all over the side of my dress !
Sharon thought I would be devastated but I was soooo calm, I wasn't nervous or anything..just happy.

We drove calmly to the church where much to my relief we were a tad early and had to park on the verge while a few last stragglers went into the church..

The time had come...and we drove in..

No comments: