Monday, August 20, 2007

The Lion Park






Woke up early this morning, not used to sleeping on the floor (I'm getting OLD). Walked down to the beach front to a local flea market. I bought a little wire and bead lizard for R10 or $1.60 and then I bartered a local for a soap stone statue of a family of Giraffes. He wanted R150 but I managed to get him down to R120....we also bought 2 small canvas paintings....I fell in love with a big one but are not sure if they would go through customs...we bought the 2 small ones for R70. If we get these cleared next time we will get the bigger one to match.

Craig and Ingrid then took us the The Lion Park. They not only had Lion cubs that you could get in and play with but they also have a cheetah cub.

They also have a number of grown cheetahs, white lion and lionesses, tigers, African hunting dogs and a giraffe that you can pat.

We stayed for feeding and then left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One whole week! You old married couple you LOL.

I WANT ONE of those adorable little kittys. Should have smuggled one of those into your luggage.