Friday, February 24, 2006

A spur of the moment thing.....




The girls had yesterday and today off school as the teachers had some kind of pow wow, so I decided on the spur of the moment yesterday morning to take the kids to the Melbourne Museum, I borrowed a friends Melways and off we went. I didn't go the normal way we go to the city and the 152km trip ended up taking about 3 and half hours and getting myself VERY lost. I am not confident driving in Melbourne as it is not the city I grew up in and I don't know it at ALL. But we ended up getting there and the kids were so excited. We had never been there before and it was well worth the effort. The exhibits are spectacular. Talia's favorite was the bugs alive where there is live spiders (behind glass) they even had tarantulas ......ewwwwwww......I took a photo of the girls with their faces next to the glass and the spider on the other side but they didn't turn out that well....But I will admit mine and Eloise's favorite was Phar Lap and yes I shed a tear when I saw him....Eloise was very sad (she is a horse lover) and was sad that he died and a bit to young to understand....I have wanted to see him since I was a little girl and it was worth the 3 and a half hours drive. I know it is just a stuffed horse ......But I am Australian to the core and he is such an icon....

We left for the long drive home and I didn't get as lost....Just a little......But half way home I came to the conclusion I WILL NOT be able to drive with 3 kids for 4 days from here to Perth....Just the last 2 hours in the car yesrterday was enough to give me a blinding headache.....We are definitely flying....


No comments: