Friday, February 10, 2006

I made it through the day


As you can see my boy is finally walking!. He has just gone 19 months. I am trying to take some more photos while he is still at that cute wobbly stage...

Well today went well, I took Matthew to daycare after the girls went to school. I had plans of talking to the co-ordinator to eliminate some of my fears but when we got there she was not there, so I stayed for a little while to watch him settle. There were only 2 other children, including D (child that was undisciplined) and watched the staff. I was ready to jump on anything remotely suspect. As toddlers do D played rough and to my relief he was told to play nice and was told to say sorry to the little boy (not mine) that he hurt....I was relieved... I will still talk to the co-ordinator when I see her.
I still had a few tears when I was about to leave. I said goodbye and gave him a kiss, he looked at me and then went back to playing....
I went back to a very quiet and empty house, I cleaned, I cooked dinner, I had coffee with a friend and I scrapped...
At 3.00 I drove down to pick up the girls as I wanted to know how they are settling in...They are doing fine and parent/teacher interviews will be held soon so I will find out a bit more then. I have also put my name down to help with reading in the P/1/2 room (Eloise's class) Friday mornings....
We then went and picked up Matthew who was happily playing in a ride on car when we got there. The carers couldn't speak highly enough of him...he charmed them all.... He even had an hour sleep...

So today was good....Emotional rollercoaster but good

1 comment:

soovee said...

so glad his first day went well, Elisa, it is so important to feel comfortable when you leave them! And fantastic that he is walking! Bet you have almost got the feeling back in your arms by now!!!