Sunday, August 21, 2005

48 hours

Well all plans went out the window when my sister turned up to babysit with a cold. So I ended up driving to town while Jen stayed home with the kids. I arrived at court starving as I had no time for brekkie with the changed plans, thinking that I would be waiting all day.However after only waiting for 20 min the prosecuting officer came up saying that the defendant wants to plea and that I am free to go!

I was so relieved, I am not very good at public speaking so I was nearly in a flat panic....No need.

I rang jen and she was fine with the kids so I went and saw my mechanic to see how the car repairs are going....He is still waiting for a part and that all up it will approx cost between $600-$700. That's no too bad for a service, 2 steering columns and fixing the gearbox. Not sure when it will be ready though...

So once I left there I went and did a food shop ON MY OWN...No kids. It was so peaceful but not any cheaper!
By this time I still hadn't eaten and I was on my way home, I had to get fuel so I popped into the BP with a subway attached. I have never had subway before so it was quiet daunting standing there trying to decide what to have.....
I was a bit naughty and ended up having a 6 inch with chicken breast, bacon and Swiss cheese toasted....OMG it was to die for..
I think it is worth driving the extra 70km round trip to do my shopping just for subway.
So anyway got home just in time to pick up Talia from school and head over to Jenni's to scrapbook.
The evening didn't go as plan either. Melissa my niece came in saying that she thought she heard a lamb bleating and then proceeded to ransack the house looking for a torch.
We all went out (no torch) looking for the pet sheep to find which one had lambed.
There wasn't just one lamb but 2 - twins and unfortunately Thomas the ram hadn't allowed Rosie (the mum) near them and she had abandoned them.
so at 11.30pm we were out trying to get a rather large ram away from the ewes....Fun- NOT
We managed to get rosie and the twins into a calf pen away from Thomas but she wouldnt let the lambs near her. It is really heart breaking to hear them call and know that she didn't want anything to do with them. But that wasn't our only problem, they needed to drink. Poor Rosie is blind in one eye due to crows when she was a baby - we rescued her and now she is terrified of people and everything.
So it was 12.30am and my niece and I had Rosie up against the wall trying to get the lambs to feed but to no avail. We left Rosie in the pen away form Thomas and took the lambs inside they would have to be bottle fed.
We discovered that we had a boy (Barley) and a girl(Lily). We will keep Lily for breeding and eat Barley next year...
The next morning (Melissa was the one up every 2 hours feeding lambs) we had to go out and separate Thomas from Sheeba (our other ewe)....Well that was fun as I had to learn to ride a 4 wheel motorbike really quick, give me a horse anytime....
So now we have a pregnant ewe and Rosie in the house paddock and a very upset ram in the back paddock.
So by the them I got home yesterday afternoon I was exhausted and fell into bed last night.

No comments: