Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Basal Cell Carcinoma....

Today I went to the doctor to get my stitches out and to get the test results from the lesions I got cut out last Tuesday.

Well the good news is that I got both sets of stitches out so no going back in 3 days but there is some bad news.

The lesions that they cut out were Basal Cell Carcinoma.

Please check the web site and read up on some of the symptom and different types of lesions you can get.

Please be aware of your skin and not think that you can get cancer just from moles. Mine were just red patches like the picture below on my skin. The only reason I knew to get mine checked that a doctor spotted and cut one out a few years ago and now I know what to look for.

redish1

I have had 4 cut out already and I am sure there will be more in the coming years.

At least it wasn’t the really bad type.

So while I was there Joel got his 2 month immunisations as well, and yes I cried too....


No comments: