Friday, July 04, 2008

Project 50 by 50

I was catching up with reading my blog roll and came across a brilliant idea from Pam. I asked her very nicely if I could copy her idea, she said sure so here goes.

50 things I would like to do before I am 50. In no particular order.

1. Go to the top of Table Mountain, Cape Town South Africa.       I really wanted to go when we were over there in August but didn't  have the time or money to go.

CPT Cape Town with Table Mountain from Table Bay at sunset

2. Go for a horse back trek through the snowy Mountains. You can go for a week, camp out, visit all the places from the movie. Have to wait till the kids grow up.

3. Learn to ride a horse properly. I would love to be able go eventing. But I would need to be a better rider than I am now . Better do this before I  try number 2.

4. Own my own home. Not even own it outright but just be able to have a mortgage and pay it off. being able to paint a wall the colour I want or put up a picture. But the way the property market is going this is getting further and further out of our reach.

5.Go white water rafting. The real deal, down rapids and that.

6.Drive the Great Ocean Road. I kick my self now that when I was living in Victoria I didn't do this.

12apostles

7. Visit the Cadbury Factory in Tasmania. only problem with this is having to over the water to get there

8. Go to the Mataranka hot springs. Yet again I was so close and didn't go....

matteranka

9. Motor home tour of New Zealand. Both Darian and I want to do this, might have to do this for our 15 year anniversary.

10. Go to the Great Barrier Reef.  Yes I know I don't like water but part of me still wants to see it.

11. Go to the Daintree.  Hopefully it will be still there by the time I get around to visiting it

12. Learn Karate. I don't want to be a black belt or anything. Just looks like fun.

13. Show Darian all my favourite spots in Australia. This is going  to be hard as I have so many. We might have to become gray nomads.

14. Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I remember seeing it from a distance when I was 8, we were passing through Sydney on the way to Port Moresby and thinking that it would be awesome to climb. Need to be a lot fitter.

15. Drive across the Nullabour. Might be able to do this on our gray nomad trek

16. See the Rocky mountains in Spring time. I blame John Denver for this....might have to play the song while I am there

17. Grow my own veggies successfully Every time I grow veggies they either die or we have to move. I can't even grow tomatoes.

18. Helicopter flight over the bungle bungles I was going to do this for my 30th birthday present but didn't get around to it...wish I had of now

au394201

19. Visit the Mindil Beach Markets I have been to Darwin a number if times and always miss out on going to the markets

20. Celebrate my 15 year wedding anniversary  New Zealand here we come :)

21. Go visit my online friend in Texas  just to say "surprise"

22. Learn how to cook mashed potatoes properly.This may seem bizarre but it doesn't matter what I do my mash is terrible so one day I hope not to torture my family any more.

23. Have a weekly pamper night in place. Be firm and put aside on night a week that is just for me, to either scrap or have a hot bath....and NOT to be annoyed by husband or kids

24. Have a full body massage. I have had a shoulder massage before and that felt amazing so would love to have a full body one.

25. Build up my pot plant collection. Every time I get a nice collection going I move, usually interstate and I cant take them with me.

26. Keep up to date with scrapping my photos A few years ago I was only 6 months behind, now I am 4 years behind. I would like to keep up to date but need a scrapping space.

27. Learn how to touch type properly. I mean proper touch type, not looking at any keys and not making many mistakes

28. Eat more fish. I am not keen on fish but I am sure there is a type of fish that is not too "fishy" and an easy way to cook it. its supposed to be good for you

29. Learn to let go. This is going to be huge for me as I am such a control freak. I need to let of of the reins....

30. Take my kids roller skating I loved roller skating as a kid and I said I would take them one day.

31. Go for a trail ride with Elosie  Just her  and me.

32. Leave a tip at a restaurant larger than the bill.

33. Pay for someone else's fuel anonymously at the petrol station.

34. See Niagara Falls at night.

images

35. Have a white Christmas in Canada

36. See Stone Henge

stonehenge

37. Learn to dance

38. Witness a tornado. Not too close though

39. Grow my hair to my waist

40. Drink beer at Oktoberfest in Munich. To also try as many different types of beer possible

41. Drive across America from coast to coast. A good ol' fashioned road trip.

42. Learn how to fix my own computer and not rely on others

43. Ride an elephant

44. Totally de-clutter my house

45. Get fit. Not just loose 10kg or diet but to get generally healthier, so I can climb Sydney harbour bridge :)

46.  Own a green tree frog as a pet. I almost bought 2 the other day but didn't....one day. They are just so cute and remind me of the tropics

frog

47.  Take the kids to see Cirque du Soleil.

48. Play more board games with the kids. The kids love playing board games and I try and play as much as possible but would like to do it more

49. Learn to take better photographs.

50. Have a family dinner night. Especially as the kids get older, to have one night a week that everyone is home and sits down to dinner. This includes boyfriends, girlfriends and friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a cool idea. Can I steal it too?
about number 22. Learn how to cook mashed potatoes properly. If you explain to me what you do, I can help you!
I have done quite a few of your 50, but I'm sure there are quite a few I would never want to do (like anything outside of Australia!)

Anonymous said...

I just noticed you're still on AEST - it's nearly 6pm girl, not 8!