Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2008....A year in review

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Been a mum to 5 kids.....some time its good and other times I want to be an ostrich and bury my head in the sand...
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I plan to make some plans for next year
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I had Joel.....lucky last
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No
5. What countries did you visit?
We didn't go anywhere this year :(
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
motivation
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 29th I had Joel by elective C- section
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Lets see, gave birth, moved house and Darian changed jobs....how much more stress can one person take and still stay sane....now that's an achievement
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not that it was my fault but not being able to breast feed Joel longer than a week due to an infection in my uterus and being on bad ass antibiotics
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a really bad post surgery infection...took months to clear
11. What was the best thing you bought?
not bought but we paid for a removalist to move us....the best money spent
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
human nature I guess, people can do some horrible things to each other
14. Where did most of your money go?
the cost of living.....
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving into a great house and Matthew being accepted into the Language Development Centre for next year
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Sweet about me
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Defiantly fatter.....I am half a heffalump
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sat down and played with the kids more
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
wasting precious time
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
very quietly...just us and the kids
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
every morning when I wake up next to my hubby, and I fell instantly in love with Joel when I saw him....he still makes me cry when I look at him....
22. How many one-night stands?
NONE, Never
23. What was your favorite TV program?
The mentalist and Blood Ties oh and I am ADDICTED to Dexter....f
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't think I actually Hate anyone ... dislike what some people do .. yes ... but don't hate anyone
25. What was the best book you read?
reading Twilight by Stepenie Meyer....half way through the first book and loving it
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My husband bought me an ipod.....a green one :)
27. What did you want and get?
a house with a dishwasher
28. What did you want and not get?
a birthday cake and present......i know there could be worse things
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
don't get a chance to go to the cinema....
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
did the same ol.....Darian took me to dinner a few days later when we could organise a baby sitter and I turned 35.....
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If we finally became debt free....now that would be nice
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
EKKKK horrible....
33. What kept you sane?
coffee....lots of coffee
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
can't think of any.....
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The US election.....
36. Who did you miss?
My new family in South Africa....they are so far away
37. Who was the best new person you met?
nope, didn't meet anyone new
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I can cope with almost anything
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"theres nothing sweet about me"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kiddos are so cute! What fun!

Blessings in the New Year!

Abigail @ Pearls and Diamonds