Thursday, October 05, 2006

Update....

Well what a few days it has been,
Kids are back at school and they are mighty happy, so is Mummy.
Got the final quote for the removals and nearly fell over!....My stuff alone is $3000 and all I am taking is My bed, the bunks, Matthews cot, fridge, washing machine, dryer, air conditioner, rocking chair and boxes….They have worked on 22 m3…I am hoping it wont go over that with the last few boxes I have to pack. Thankfully I budgeted on $3000 and not my original quote of $2000. We just happen to moving at the most expensive time of year to the most expensive place…..

So today I need to get a quote for the cars and book that as well…I just hope that quote hasn’t gone up as well!

These are just some small glitches before we go. I am sure that there will be many more before we finally get the plane.
The other thing is that Oscar the cat come in a few days ago looking like he had been in another cat fight, all his face was scratched he was walking very stiffly. I kept an eye on him over the next few days as he is prone to abscesses. He slowly got better but noticed that he would growl if you touched him or if he had to jump up or down…I was a bit worried but thought I would watch him as he was getting better and no sign of any abscesses.
Yesterday I rang the vet as even though he is much better he is still in pain around the hips and he has lost all feeling and function of his tail…it just hangs limp and drags on the ground. I thought that he may have been hit by a car instead and has a spinal injury (not severe as he was still able to walk) so off to the vet and she checked him over.
He has severed his spinal column at the base of his tail and has no feeling what so ever, so the plan is to amputate the tail so that it won’t get caught in the future as he is now unaware that it is there. She also thinks that he has a slight fracture in the pelvis and that time will heal that. So he spent the night at the vet last night and will be coming home today as a bob cat….
The kids are upset but I am sure that once he his home and back to his normal self they will be happy.

Ok now I know some of you are dying to know a bit more about my “friend” , I will call him D on here…Even if nothing happens between us once I get to Perth he has been an amazing pillar of strength. I don’t want to get my hopes up as then I am just settling myself up for disappointment but so far he seems like a very caring, sensible, understanding guy (can you tell he is not Australian born)…
So we are planning to have coffee when I get to Perth and then he is taking me to his work Christmas Party…

So that’s what’s been happening here for the last few days. Jen just told me that she wants to have a garage sale in the first week of Nov….more stress…….

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Oh, poor Oscar! Hope he is soon OK.

Moving is SO expensive isn't it?!!

Hope it all works out well for you and D.