Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Some Relief from the Heat

It is a beautiful 31 degrees today....I am in heaven. The last few days have been disgusting. The bags under the kids eyes have gone due to a good night sleep. The end of the week is not looking good however. The forecast for Thursday is 42!!!
We went off and got the girls hair trimmed today all ready for school, 6 days and counting. Eloise is very excited and Talia is just sick of the school holidays.
Things are going to be very quiet here on Tuesday....hmmm what to do????

Planning for the big move is going OK...I have a removal quote that I am quite happy with and I am still planning on driving over with all 3 kids. I will be doing this alone as my niece is not leaving until August now.

Am I mad????

3 kids and the Nullabour....

It will be once in a life time experience but the thought of 3 bored kids stuck in the car for 4 days .....Any suggestions????

I haven't lost any weight this week....Not too concerned though

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Having just come back from a trip with the kids in the car the best thing I can recommend is breaking up the trip. We drove from Sydney to Melbourne (8 - 10hours) and then drove from Melbourne to Adelaide (8 hours). We stayed an extra day in between in Melbourne which got everyone out of the car.

In the car we had bought a portable DVD player that we plugged into the cigarette lighter and played DVD's every 3 hours leaving an hour and a bit where they had to entertain themselves. This worked pretty well and is now the 3rd trip we have used the DVD in.

Hope you survived the hot weather OK. :D