Monday, February 02, 2009

First day of School...

The girls were up and ready nice and early, pretending not to be nervous but were...we were sent a letter saying what room they would be in during the holidays but neither knew if they would have friends in the same class. Talia had found out that her two closest friends would be in a different class.

of course much to the girls disgust I had to take the dreaded first day of school photos...

Talia is now in year 6 and Eloise in year 3

1st day at school 09 sml

1st day at school 09

I drove them to school, just so I could help them settle in.

Talia is in the same class room as last year but Eloise is in a different room. I said goodbye to Talia (she is a big year 6 and doesn't need her mum to baby sit) and I went with Eloise to her room. On the window was a sign saying that school books are still delayed and that they would be delivered to the home address before Wednesday.....poor kids, they had NOTHING with them. I met Eloise's teacher and explained this and she said that they would supply the kids with what ever they needed. She seems very nice and Eloise was happy to be left. Much better than last year where she was sobbing and in turn I was sobbing....

So I left 2 very nervous but happy kids.

No comments: