Monday, February 23, 2009

Aikido

I always like the girls - and the boys when they are older - to be involved with after school activities. Last year Eloise was doing horse riding (she has since stopped) and Talia has been doing Gymnastics. Matthew has swimming lessons.

The problem with this is that it is so darn expensive....Horse riding was $45 for half hour and Gymnastics is $205 a term and Matthews swimming lessons are $125 a term....I guess it comes with the territory with having more than one child.

I wanted Eloise to start something again, looking for something closer to home and needed to work in with everyone else's schedules.

I read in the school newsletter that Aikido was starting back at the school this term, so I rang up for some information.

We went and had a look, it is $100 a year which includes a free ghi and then $10 per lesson which is 3 times a week (but you can go once a week) which we will.

The girls (both) had a go and want to come back again....this is great as its only at the end of our street...the girls can take themselves....

I like this as it is purely defence only.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything is so expensive isnt it - M does only 1 thing as well - atm it is swimming - he used to do keyboard but didnt practice so I told him if he didnt practice I wasnt going to pay for lessons amymore!!! lol - mean Mummy arent I!!
Jen H