Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Bit of a Bummer

The last few days I have been getting pain high up in my tummy, no where near my scar which is giving me no pain at all. I thought it might be bruising coming out from getting my tubes done but the pain has been getting worse over the last few days so I thought I better go and see my doctor...

Well I am in a state of shock, disbelief and disappointment....

It looks as though I have a infection in my uterus...nothing to do with the c-section. So I am off for an ultrasound tomorrow to check for any retained products and I am on antibiotics. I was pretty blown away with all this...

However the worst was yet to come.....the antibiotics are NOT breastfeeding friendly....so while I am taking the AB's I cant breastfeed. I am devastated....I am going to continue to express while I am on the AB's to keep up my supply and hopefully Joel will go back on in a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, lots to catch up in your blog!! I know I said this before on RW but I really hope that Joel takes to the Breastfeeding again once the AB's are finished
Hugs
Jen H