Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My Girls are finally home

Well as per usual things didn't go to plan. My ex MIL rang on the night before she was to fly the girls home and said that plans had changed. The road to Darwin had flooded and there was no way they would be able to get up there, so they were to drive to Kununurra the next day and fly to Broome and then on to Melbourne. They were to get in on Sat morn at 6.30am....
As it was they had to drive to Kununurra in the 4WD and the water was rising and seeping into the cars as they were driving!

So Jen and I set the alarm for 3am Sat morn, I didn't sleep much as I was scared that I would sleep through the alarm. I woke up Matthew and put him in the car seat, hoping that he would fall back to sleep (that didn't happen) and off we drove.

We got to Melb airport right on 6 am just to see that the plane was early and it had just landed, so it was a mad dash up to arrivals so that I would be there when the girls got off the plane. They ran straight to me......

I was then told all about there quick trip to Broome and how they had a sunset camel ride alone Cable Beach and that they had a great time but they really missed me and they were really glad to be home.

We had breakfast with Nana who had to make the return flight all the way back to Kununurra via Perth. Once we left the airport we then went to Highpoint for some shopping, I got my ears pierced again (up the top) the girls watched and thought I was very brave....

We ended up getting home at about 6.30pm and the girls were happy but tired, all 3 kids were asleep just after 7pm....

I a very happy mummy!!!!!

No comments: