Friday, December 02, 2005

Time is a ticking

It is so easy to get back into bad habits. My weight has creeped up to 75kg my clothes still fit but it is amazing how much an extra 1.2 kg can make you feel. Now wonder I was feeling so rotten when I was carrying the extra 8.
Christmas is coming fast and this year I am sooooo not ready for it. I have no idea what to buy the kids. I try and limit what I spend on each child to about $50 all up, that includes what they give each other as I want them to enjoy the giving much more than the getting IYKWIM. But I am not sure if the finances will even stretch that far this year.
I hate being a single mum sometimes. Why should the kids miss out while Ex-husband drives around in a Club Sport.....I am anti men at the moment.
A girlfriend of mine is going through a nasty divorce, her delightful husband decided after her miscarriage that he didn't want to do this anymore....It has bought all the bad memories of my divorce back and it has been 5 years....
I wonder will it ever end....Do you ever forget about it

I am going to try and get on here a bit more. I miss writing down my thoughts and my achievement which have been few and far between lately.

2 comments:

Rookie Mum said...

I chance upon your blog quite by accident and I must say we share some similarities.

We are both single mum with three kids and trying hard to forget the hateful ex.

I have been married for 17 over years and was divorced only recently. I thought I could be strong and get over that hateful man very quickly but I guess I am being too ambitous.

Like you, that hateful man is zipping around town in a new car while me and the kids have to struggle with public transport!

Margaret said...

Oh Elisa. I am so sorry you are feeling so angry at the moment. It is not fair. I feel even worse now about the money I have spent on the children this year. I try and teach them about sharing, and moderation, and limits, but then I go and throw it out the window myself.

I remember many years when my parents first moved to Australia with myself and my sisters in tow when we had one present each under the tree. Mum used to wrap up the packets of christmas food and put them under so that we had extra things to open and then it went in the pantry with all the other food. I have to say that I don't ever remember getting upset or sad that I missed out (but then we all know how strange I am LOL).

I hope you do come on here more often and write down what you are feeling. There are many many people who are in very similar situations and it would be a great way to 'meet' them and swap some good ideas.

I hope you have a great day today and, like so many people, after the New Year will be pulling out all the stops to finish this journey of ours. *hugs*