Thursday, February 04, 2010

What do I want to be when I grow up ?????

 

off_duty_teacher_assistant_tshirt-p235208657826396315cfho_400

In the last few weeks a few big decisions have been made. One of those I have been contemplating for a while and mulling over my options.....going back to work and how to do this while keeping balance with the family.

Most of you know that I am a trained dental assistant, and even though I have been out of the scene for a while its the kind of job you can jump back into. How ever its not family friendly as its a 9-5 job and putting 4 kids into daycare/after school care is not an option....and I really really don't want to go back to dental...

So my other option that we came up with was to study ....and if I was to study ......what to study...

I need something that I can be home for the kids when they come home from school....I need to be home for school holidays. I need a job that is flexible...

So I have decided to do an correspondence course and become a Teacher Assistant.....Perfect solution....I could become a teacher but I really don't want to study for 4 years...I am after all getting long in the tooth now...so this way I get to have all the fun.

So I signed up and have started back studying...scary but fun...

After 18 units and 3 weeks of practical I will be going back to work...but only part time....

1 comment:

Jen H said...

Wow that's exciting!! Congratulations
Jen H