Saturday, April 18, 2009

My head is spinning and I am sick to the stomach......

and it is still well over a year and a half away....I am talking about High School.

Talia is only in year 6 so she still has this year and next before going into high school. I never really thought about it before, yeah sure it was in the back of my mind but I didn't have to sit down and really think about it.

I am not scared about her growing up or any of that is bigger...which school to put her in.

It wouldn't be  a problem if we had a good public high school near us to put her in

Its the good ol public v's private debate.....I never really planned for my kids to go to private school, the public schools here are pretty good...depending on where you live and the catchment areas...

We moved out of our old suburb as I didn't want Talia going to Clarkson High which is the only High school north of Ocean Reef and South of Butler.....so we moved and the Public High School here is Wanneroo.....over crowded, under resourced and just plain bad news....There are plans of building another Public High School near us in the next suburb but that's not due to open for year 8 until 2013....Fine for Eloise but not for Talia...so the only other option is private which is what everyone else is doing...St Stephens has a wait list and year 8 is full for 2011... and we are talking $5500 a year just for fees....

The other option is Lake Joondalup Baptist.....fees aren't much cheaper at $4800 a year and letters are going out now for placement for 2011....

Realistically this is way out of our budget....

There is also Quinns Baptist College and they are charging $3800

or Peter Moynes Anglican School and they charge $4200

So I really don't know what we are going to do...I feel sick and I am constantly worrying about it.

Do we just send her to Wanneroo and hope for the best.....

2 comments:

Larissa Q said...

You know what I'd say... ;-)

Jen H said...

Oh I KNOWWWWWWWWW how you feel Elisa, we have only a few WEEKS to make up our minds and we cant afford private school and I hear both good and bad about the local high school and its doing my head in!!!!!!!!! I made the decision that ok we'll send him there for 2 years then re-assess and then I heard something (3rd hand) sort of negative about the school and I just want to scream!! agggghhhhhhh
GOOD LUCK!!
Jen H