Friday, March 02, 2007

A white dress.....

Well I went and put a deposit on my wedding dress today.....YES a wedding dress....Ironic really that this has gone from a little no fuss ceremony to a church wedding with a white dress...

I still have to pinch myself sometimes that it is all real, if someone had said to me this time last year that March 2007 I would be in love, engaged to be married I would of laughed out loud....I was still in Vic saving madly to move, hating ALL men..

So anyway back to the white dress, I went into the shop to look for a elegant cocktail dress that could pass as a wedding dress. As it is a second wedding for both of us we didn't need all the fuss and ho hum of a large wedding...and any way we are getting married in South Africa.....

Yes another shock to the system. Darian is extremely close to his family (and all of them are over there). He wanted his parents to be at the wedding and since all of my family cant be in the same room as it each other most of the time I don't need the stress of it all....so eloping to South Africa sounds perfect to me....

So since we made the decision to get married over in Port Elizabeth, Darian would really like to be married by his family pastor, so a few inquiries by his parents and its all OK for the church.... So in all reality a cocktail dress isn't really appropriate (yes I could get away with it..but) I saw this dress while trying on certain cocktail dresses and thought why not....so I did...I fell in love with it... its nothing fancy as we have a 20kg weight restriction on the plane...

So the only sad thing is that the kids cant come and be part of it...but we have spoken and they are fine...we are going to do something really special when Darian and I get back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And the wedding date is?????