Wednesday, March 12, 2008

32 Weeks


The baby is about 44 cm long (17.25 inches) and approximately 1,900 grams in weight (1.9 kg or 4lb 3 oz). The baby's lungs continue to mature, producing increasing amounts of surfactant. This is a fatty liquid (phospholipid) that lines their lungs, assisting the tiny sacs within (called alveoli) to expand efficiently for breathing after birth. The baby's sucking and swallowing action (required to drink milk) fully coordinates between 32 to 34 weeks.


Today I went and saw the obstetrician and all is well. My blood pressure is perfect and I am huge, I saw a new doctor today (government hospital) and the first thing he said was " you look more like 36 weeks not 32"...great start. I then had to go through the plan with him, the whole size scan at 37 weeks and then depending on the size of bubs depends on how he comes out.
Well the doc measured my fundus and I am measuring 38 cm....which concerns not only him but me as well...the baby still is sitting high. The heart beat was sitting a nice steady 150 beats per min...so the plan has changed

I am to go for a size scan before my next appoint at 34 weeks to check for the size of bubs and the amount of fluid surrounding him.

No comments: