Monday, February 04, 2008

First Day Of School




Today is the first day back to school for the girls, Talia starts year 5 and Eloise starts year 2.
Not only is it the first day for the school year but their first at their new school.
It didn't start off good. I was up until 5am with Matthew who had nightmares all night
(ahhh 3, the age of fears) so I was a cranky mummy. I hate feeling like that, so the girls fed off my crankiness.

They both did not want the first day of school photos taken. So we have cranky kid photos


We arrived at the school early so that we could settle in. Talia found her desk, all of them had their names on so it was easy to get her settled. She is sitting with 3 other girls. I said good bye and went to Eloise's class.
This however did not go so well. She ended in tears from nerves and of course with all the pregnancy hormones running through my body I ended up crying too. I managed to wait till I got out of the class room before breaking down in racking sobs....Matthew had a good play on the playground while I composed my self...

3pm came quickly and I was glad to see a smiling Eloise at the end of the day, she even made some new friends as did Talia....I even got "Mum we don't want to leave this school"

So after a horrible start the end was good....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it ended up ok Elisa! And fantastic that they have made friends already!
Jen H