Wednesday, February 27, 2008

30 weeks



The baby has grown to be about 42 cm long from head to toe (16.5 inches) and approximately 1,500 grams (1.5 kg) in weight (3lb 5oz).
The baby's brain is increasing in size and complexity and the pupils of their eyes can now respond to light, allowing the baby to focus more readily and see dim shapes. The baby now has definite sleep and wake patterns, although they may sleep up to 95% of the time and have noticeable rapid eye movements (REM), which indicates they may be dreaming! Many women notice their baby tends to be more active when they are resting, perhaps because when you move your body naturally rocks your baby to sleep.



well I am 3/4 of the way through my last pregnancy and the way I feel at the moment it cant end too soon. I feel huge and I know I look huge because strangers ask how over due I am or am I having twins...this is so not funny any more.

That's enough of my whinging, I know I should be grateful that I have a happy and healthy baby kicking inside me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you have an excuse Elisa. I reckon I have a similar profile only nothing (but fat) growing inside :(

You look great though.

Not long to go now.

Wonder if I could con Courtney for some cheap fares to Perth to get some newborn photos...hmmmmm