Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A new guide









Last night Talia took her guide promise...


I promise that I will do my best: to do my duty to God, to serve the Queen and my country; to help other people; and to keep the Guide Law.

She was so nervous and even though I reminded her that she was going to do great, she was so scared that she was going to make a mistake that she did...isn't it sad that a child automatically thinks that they are going to fail, no matter how much I boost my kids up and get them to believe in them selves It upsets me that they think automatically of failure rather than success...

So any way she froze and forgot the last sentence of her promise (which Wallaby helped with) and she is now a fully fledged guide...

I am so proud of her...


1 comment:

Rach Leeke said...

wooo hoo .... congrats to your little guide... Man the uniforms have changed a bit since I was a guide. But the promise and the three fingered salute are all still the same ... LMAO