Friday, June 08, 2007

Finally I am going to do a catch up....the last month or so has been so hectic...

We are now settled into our new house, it is nice to have everything at one house....for a while there we were living out of 3..
We moved Darian out first and during the week I cleaned his house ready to get new tenants in (as he broke lease, the sooner the better as we were paying 3 lots of rent at that stage)..
the next weekend we moved me out of my house, I then spent the next week cleaning my house, organising carpet cleaning and still taking Matthew to swimming lessons, gymbaroo and therapy...

By the end of the month I was exhausted and still no tenants in Darian's old house....it seemed really strange as there is a rental crisis nation wide...but all we could do is wait...

Finally last week the real estate agent rang and let us know that the house has been let...(big sigh of relief)

So we are here for at least a year...if not more

Matthew is going well, I have stopped swimming lessons for now as he has a chest infection and I am going to wait till we get back from over seas before starting up again. He is still enjoying his gymbaroo and it must be helping as his Physio can see the difference, so much so that she is happy to leave him go for 6 months and then see him for a review.
He is also seeing a OT weekly now, she is concentrating on his fine motor skills, he does things like pegs, stacking bean bags, painting and play dough.....we will be seeing her for another 5 weeks..
We are also attending a group speech session to help with his speech, this goes for another 4 weeks.

The other good news is that his carer's allowance has been approved, so this will help pay for gymbaroo and such...

The girls are going OK, not brilliant, there are a few small issues with family blending but nothing we cant work through. Its all going to take time, tolerance and patience.

Africa is getting closer, I have paid for my dress and have my fitting next month. It all getting very exciting and I am getting a bit nervous as well...not about the wedding but the whole flying over water thing...

Well that's about it...well what i can remember at the moment

Only 56 days till we fly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not long at all now.

I don't envy you the family blending but you are a sweetheart so I know it will all work out.