Thursday, March 26, 2009

where does the time go....hmmmm

My mum dropped yesterday afternoon to drop over some wool. Winter is coming and I was thinking about carrying  on with my crochet items. I am wanting to make a blanket for each of the kids beds...well that is the plan...

I was asking mum about the different patterns of blankets, She made one for Matthew and I want to do one similar. I got out a unfinished blanket I started for Matthew and continued on it last night while watching Criminal minds. Darian asked me when did I start it as he hadn't seen it before....then I realised 4 years...I haven't done anything in 4 years.....

Now that got me thinking.....where does my time go....I think back to when I was living in Kununurra , I had time to scrapbook (something else I haven't done in over 2 years) and I spent most of my afternoons in the garden with the girls.

When I was living in Victoria was when I started to crochet and knit, it was cold enough and it kept me warm in winter, plus I still had time to scrapbook and garden...

So what is so different now....

Then it came to me ... I have a husband, well I could blame it on him but reality is that he is at work all day and he doesn't stop me from doing these things....what does...what takes up most of my time....

The Internet....but mostly facebook....that thing is a time warp....so I am going to have to make some changes in my life.

I love routines, I thrive on them.

I have a routine in place for my house cleaning, I have taken bits from flylady and others from other web sites and even though I have these routines in place I find myself not doing them any more and I have gotten behind, like today I have done 5 loads of washing and there are still 4 load to fold and put away. I normally wash, hang and then fold as I take of the line and then put the clothing away (well the girls get theirs put on their beds and its for them to put away). I have piles of clothes on my bedroom floor from the weekend wash that have still to be put away...

Its time for some tough love and get back to my routines and maybe I will be able to limit my time on Facebook and I will have time for the more important things in my life.....

1 comment:

Larissa Q said...

Well done. Last night I actually joined Flylady - AGAIN. I first found her a week before Sept 11 (yes in 2001 - a long time ago). I have since joined and left for different reasons, but mainly because my routine always slips and so my house gets really shoddy. Now is a time for action - not facebook! And crochet to reward oneself! Hope you get everything you want done each day.